What is the Sales Team?
The sales team has undergone a great transformation in these years. However, today it isn’t easy to find good salespeople with the qualifications that companies require.
It has gone from the salesperson who dispatched and sometimes sold to the sales professional who has become an advisor to the client with a university cultural training, thus providing significant added value.
However, so far, it is a professional opportunity that has not qualitatively value since the term seller often undervalue when the company’s viability depends in many cases on its activity.
Today a sales team must be sufficiently motivated, and this is where training takes on its most significant role,
12 Tips for Running a (Successful) Sales Team
Leading a sales team is a challenge in which, as we are humans, it is common to make mistakes. We will appraisal a series of tips that I wish they had given us a few years ago.
1. Orient yourself to the Results
- For this, it is mandatory to hire people with motivation and determination.
- Also, it would help if you created a transparent environment oriented to the main sales metrics.
- Bringing competitive professionals together in such an environment propels the entire organization upwards.
- Focus on results to prevent the team from confusing activity with productivity.
2. Identify Where and What you Need
- Before learning how to lead a sales team, you should create one.
- Identify in which category your potential employees fall: builders or producers? The first grow from scratch, and they start with nothing. Producers grow once everything is in place.
- Most people are not good at both profiles at the same time. You have to know what stage the project is in and what kind of salesperson you need.
3. Manage Expectations
- Be enthusiastic about your team and do everything you can to support them.
- When the performance is proper, we all know how to handle ourselves, but if a team member has a nasty streak, it is essential to try to recover it (if it is worth it).
4. Hire Salespeople
- Make sure your recruits take constructive criticism well. Try a role play in which they demonstrate the product. Then ask them how they reason they did it.
- And give them your opinion. Please rate based on how to admit and learn from the comments, and not just how they perform.
5. Set the Bar High
- When sales goals are high (but achievable), a sense of collective effort creates them. If you reach only 70% of a demanding purpose, you are doing better than if you get 100% of a mediocre one, as long as there is a collective and shared agreement on what build.
6. Incentivize your Team
- There is nothing like a motivated salesperson. It can be done with money, but also by sharing information on the results visually through aboard.
- Quadrants in full view and small prizes work very well. Of course, they are things compatible with prize money.
7. Make Learning a Priority
- Training is essential. Make continuous learning a fundamental part of your team culture.
- For this, it is a priority to invest in training and professional development.
- Sales teams should foster competitive intelligence, prospecting, opportunity management, planning, and professional communications through training and other resources.
8. Keep in Mind the Relationship Volume vs Value
- Higher value (more expensive) people should spend time on lower volume (but higher importance) activities like building relationships, getting referrals, and facilitating partnerships.
- Lower-value people, meanwhile, should focus on higher-volume activities, like converting leads to leads.
9. Avoid a “one size fits all” Approach
- It would help if you had different personalities working for you on your team. Your role is to be a mentor and enabler.
- It would help if you abstracted them from what is happening in the company.
- It is not relevant to their work and focuses on what they have in hand. Different people should treat them differently.
10. Specialize Early to Increase Sales
- And if you don’t treat all your salespeople the same, you should group them based on their preferences and strengths: do they prefer to deal with large accounts, or are they better at building relationships with small businesses?
- Do they understand some sectors better than others? Segment your potential customers and your sales team to address them, especially as you grow.
11. Design a Transparent Organization
- Transparency means that everyone must know how the team’s work is performing.
- The best sales organizations know the goals of each team member and their progress toward them.
- For example, the number of calls completes every day or the time spent on the phone
12. Plan and Distribute your Accounts Carefully
- It’s natural to want to give the best sellers the best opportunities, but you also need to balance through a fair system.
- Try to make your team feel that there are opportunities for everyone.
- It means not stopping investing in new talents that grow and keep the team motivated.
Incentives to the Sales Team
The most sales team has pay from a base salary plus sales commissions. It is the first and great incentive to reach the end of the month with a high percentage of commissions, which will increase your remuneration.
But they are not the only incentive that can give to a team. Here I show you some incentives for different scenarios.
Incentives to Maintain a Good Sales Team
- Maintain the work environment, provide flexible hours and rewards for days off for having exceeded goals.
- Deliver a group coexistence a month, after hours, where the team is strengthened and has a good time.
- The company can establish agreements with other service companies and deliver to its vendors; movie tickets, discounts, or passes to the gym, discounts to study at university, or improvement.
- In short, a sales team is the core of any commercial company, as it is a crucial part of the link in the value chain, responsible for preserving the company’s brand image.
- Its products and delivering excellent service allow long-term loyalty and the conservation and expansion of the client portfolio.
Tips To Stay on Top of the Latest Digital Marketing Trends
Tips To Stay on Top of the Latest Digital Marketing Trends In the last few decades, we have surely witnessed…
Set Alarm for 10 45
If you are required to set alarm at 10 45 or any other time, you have arrived at the correct…